LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have an old cross stitch sampler with number4074 from l a

Customer Question

I have an old cross stitch sampler with number4074 from l a bigelow, inc*****boston on the back. It came from a contemporary of my mothers who was born in the late 1890's. Is it worth anything or just a decorative piece? Thank you.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: I have an old cross stitch sampler with the number 4074 and a label from L A Bigelow, Inc***** Boston on the back. It came from an elderly family friend who had been born about 1890. Is it valuable or just decorative? Thank you for your answer.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the antiques appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: Actually, this all I can tell you about it. She left it to me in an envelope addressed to me to be given to me after her death. I had never seen it before nor had my mother who was a life long friend.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me to research this and post back hen completed. Can you tell me is it in original packaging or completed?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is a completed sampler in a frame.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a completed sampler and framed.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

L. A. Bigelow was a framing company and art dealer located in Boston, from 1890 through around 1950. So that doesn't really help us to either date, or value, the actual sampler.

Do you have a photo you could post?

Jennifer

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will take a picture of it and send within the next day or two, o.k.?
Sure!
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 7 months ago.

Hello I am the original appraiser helping you on this and would be happy to continue on with this question which I never opted out of. I look forward to seeing the photos. you may email them to***@******.*** and please put "forCustomerquot; in the email so they know who to send the photos on to.

Hi I am just checking in to see if you were able to get the photos done on this cross stitch I look forward to reviewing this for you and finishing up on my evaluation.

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 6 months ago.

Hi I was just checking in to see if you had a chance to get photos of this for review. I will check back again Thank you I look forward to helping you.