Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I've been searching the internet for any information, but

Customer Question

I've been searching the internet for any information, but have come up empty. I have an original water color by artist Torger Thompson. It was made of our old church house in Mountainburg, AR and given to my husbands grandmother. I'm wondering of its value. I'm not looking to sell it or anything. Just curious.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: What I know of Torger Thompson is that he's known for a 124 foot mural in dallas about the Pentecost, but it has since been ruined in a fire. I know little else about the artist except for he was friends of my husbands grandmother and made this painting specifically for her. there is a signature of "Torg" on the actual water color, but there is also a title, dedication and full named signature on the matting.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Here is what I have found so far on this artist. As I am researching please let me know what the size of the painting is and if you can post a photo of the painting that would help me in my evaluating the piece To post a photo please click on file upload or the paper clip button and follow the prompts. Thnak you

Very little has been written on Torger "Torg" Thompson

Birth: 1905, USA

Death: 1988
Dallas County, Texas, USA---He was a wonderful artist.