Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a Tiffany & co. Sterling ewer that was part of a tea

Customer Question
I have a Tiffany &...
I have a Tiffany & co. Sterling ewer that was part of a tea service that I was told only three sets were made. It is stamped with the Broadway address under the Tiffany & co. Could you advise where I could obtain additional info about this piece?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
11/14/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

How tall is the ewer?

Please send a photo of the ewer.

Can you send me a photo of the marks on the bottom?

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Doris. I have some paperwork from Tiffany & co and will get back to you when I find it. THere is a picture of the tea set with a full page picture of the ewer in a book about Tiffany & co which also has the name of the gentleman that made it. I also have four other pieces that I would be interested in consulting you; also Tiffany Hollowware.

I do not accept requests for phone calls. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment to print out. There are extra charges for phone calls. I do not send pop-ups.

I can take your ewer only in this one question.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Can you send a photo of the ewer and one of the marks?

If you find the papers, please tell me the maker.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please cancel my membership immediately, before the free trial expires. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. Please send an e-mail confirming this request.

Site Charges:

We professionals are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.
If you wish to discuss site charges, you may contact customer support at

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Or by phone:

US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

International
Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0***-***-****
The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Kind regards,

Doris

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur