Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

Have several stamps that I found in my deceased father's

Customer Question

Have several stamps that I found in my deceased father's stuff. They are a Eugene O'Neill One Dollar stamp; a John Copley-American Artist 5 cents stamp with picture of lady on it; a George C. Marshall 20 cents stamp and a 30 cents special delivery stamp are they of any value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Stamps for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Are these stamps mint or used?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
used and maybe one mint
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.

In general used US stamps don't have much value with most selling for less than $1.00. As a general guide, better stamps are pre 1940 mint condition and higher denominations 50c +.

Thank you,

Please click on the Stars*****When you read this answer.

Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? It is important that you click on the stars *****. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,