Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have an antique Icon, the frame alone was valued at over…

Customer Question
Hi I have an...

Hi I have an antique Icon, the frame alone was valued at over 350 but no one can tell me the value of the icon.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the antiques appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Did you get my decription of what I need.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?

I think this is very valuable it was in an attic for over 50 years sent from overseas somewhere. Looks like one that hangs in a Greek Orth. church.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
11/12/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

What is the size in inches?

Can you send me at least one photo?

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur