Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have two antique bowls left to me by my grandmother. I

Customer Question

I have two antique bowls left to me by my grandmother. I live in the Nashville, TN area. I wanted to know how I estimate a value on these bowls without spending lots of money.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the antiques appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: One is a bowl with an abandoned gothic ruin in it. The trandmak on the bottom reads' Petrus Regota Co. Maastrich. This is in a box with a Sphinx sitting on top. Underneath the bos is ABBEY Made in Holland.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 10 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your bowl. Thanks for the helpful description.

Is it this one, by any chance? Or is it a different color?

If so, how big is it? Diameter?

Also, does it have any cracks or staining?

As soon as I hear back I can give you a full appraisal and a value.

Many thanks,
Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that's the one. It's about 8/12/ inches across rim to rim and 5 inches high. No cracks and in good shape.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ARe you still with me?