Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a US model 1852 Civil war naval officer's sword and

Customer Question

I have a US model 1852 Civil war naval officer's sword and scabbard. The lower portion of the scabbard is missing.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: German blade
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The scabbard is black leather. U S N raised letters
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help. I'll need to see photos, including the blade markings. Do you have those available?

Jennifer