Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I am looking to date the china I recently acquired, The back

Customer Question

I am looking to date the china I recently acquired
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The back says "Royal Bavarian (then lion figure with crown overhead) Hutschenreuther, Selb, Bavaria
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: It is a green stamp It has a gold ring around the edge with a design next and then another gold ring. The center of the plate is white. I cannot find a similar pattern. I have 10 dinner plates
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here is the plate
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the stamp
Expert:  Doris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups.

The mark on your plates is that of the factories of Lorenz Hutschenreuther of Bavaria, Germany, dating 1920-1945.

Unfortunately, I was unable to locate any plates available in your exact high-end pattern.

If you look on the following internet page, you will see similar patterns produced at the same time as yours by the same manufacturer.

http://search.replacements.com/search/?query=royal+bavarian+hutschenreuther

This site specializes in finding discontinued china and silver patterns. Contact them and send them the image of the plates you are looking for.

These sites should also search for you as well.

I do not know where you live so I will make suggestions for three countries.

In US:
ChinaLane.com
ChinaFinders.com
ChinaReplacements.com

In UK:
ChinaSearch.co.uk
MatchingChina.co.uk
ChinaMatchers.co.uk
ReplaceYourPlates.co.uk
ReplaceYourChina.com

Australia: http://www.allthegalleries.com/dealers/porcelain.html

I do truly wish I could find your exact plates for you; however, if you register with several of these services, at least one will find your plates.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.