Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

For professor only... Back from bucket trip. Was perfect

Customer Question

For professor Robert only... Back from bucket trip. Was perfect though as we got in our sons car to go to the St John's car ferry he told us that he and his wife were getting a divorce 2 children 2&5 yrs. so it put a downer on the entire trip. We encouraged marriage counseling which is cheaper, more rewarding than divorce. My husband and I did a year of it about 20 + years ago. Stopped communicating. Work, college kids just busy lives. People can't believe because we are hooked at the hip now. Needless to say the ongoing symptoms from the flu shot continue to take a negative hold on me. BCBS wanted to send out a ambulance yesterday we have connections with one of the head of departs with the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville he will see me Thursday. I have no idea how long I'll be gone. Keeping my acct open and hopefully we can get back to work soon. Hope this finds you well. Just wanted you to know even though we took a bucket list trip I didn't end up in a hole!
Your student in training Merry
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 9 months ago.

Hi Merry,

Glad to hear you're back from your bucket and didn't disappear through a hole in it (that made me smile!) but so sorry to hear of your son's plan to split. Those little ones deserve better and the mother & children always come out worse off in any divorce. Always. Your grandchildren don't need to grow up with a struggling mother, her parenting sabotaged by divorce.

I'm so glad you suggested counseling. Please encourage them to find someone qualified in Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) or the John Gottman method, or preferably both. They are the only scientifically proven approaches to couples' counselling that actually work. I know, because my wife is a practicing couples' counselor, and is qualified in both, and is arguably the best couples' therapist in the South East. I kid you not. I am so proud of her and the results she gets with the most hardened nuts to crack, particularly the high achievers such as surgeons, lawyers, professors, business leaders, etc., who have just as many relationship problems as the rest of us, perhaps more so.

Good luck with your visit to the Mayo Clinic specialist on Thursday, it sounds promising!

Best wishes,
Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I find myself totally special that you share your life and that of your loved ones with me. Yes my husband and my marriage counselor was trained in both but she said that my Larry was one of her ten husbands over 30 years of practiced that truly did the work and changed, grew for the love of his wife, me! Needless to say I'm very impressed and she is as lucky to have you as is the same. God speed. Whenever we finish with the Mayo I will transfer to the Cleveland Clinic in West Palm as that is only 45 minute trip from our home. Looking forward to better days. Our families favorite song( even the grandchildren at bedtime sing) is "you are my sunshine" My mothers and I sang it at the close of our phone conversations each night before she passed and I sang it repeatedly during her last moments on earth and at her burial. Great rendition is by ***** ***** & ***** *****ttleton. Thanks for touching base. Going to the Mayo with a full bucket!

Beautiful photo! Totally envious of your wonderful view!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Had appt at mayo. Got many more scheduled infectious disease,shoulder & arm, feet which are very swollen due to a possible infection and the 4+ centimeter mass that is growing above my breast from the shot. It will end in at least one or more surgeries. So we are aty daughters on Fleming island south of Jacksonville for a extended stay weeks to possibly Christmas. Going to keep acct open. Hope to look over that crazy lamp I sent you the pics of and have a few items stored in my phone we can communicate. If your a praying man I'd appreciate. Be in touch soon��

That sounds like rather a depressing prognosis, I'm so sorry. Keep the body's immune system strong by eating nothing but fresh "Mediterranean diet" foods with all those lycopenes, carotenoids and natural antioxidants.

Follow Michael Pollen's food rules. My favorite is:

"Don’t eat anything your great‐grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food".

Not a perfect list, by any means, but a good start.

You are in my thoughts for a speedy recovery!

Best wishes,

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for prayers and info. Your a smart cookie but not on my menu list unless oatmeal made with nuts raisins and black strap molasses. Be in touch your student Merry