Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Dresden China egg with the symbol crown with the

Customer Question

I have a Dresden China egg with the symbol crown with the letters PM under the crown
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It also says Dresden China Germany 2
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: It has a bouquet of flowers painted on the top with a leaf border around the edge
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 8 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I sent the answer earlier, but I guess it did not go through. I will add it again.

This is a Moschendorf porcelain egg trinket box.

The PM represents Porzellan Moschendorf of Dresden, Germany (the company formerly using a Bavaria mark).

The word Dresden indicates a date of the late 1940-early 1950's.

This egg has a current value of $30USD to $40USD retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.