Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Sugar set. Hard to make out symbols but it looks like WH &

Customer Question

sugar set. Hard to make out symbols but it looks like WH & SB and I can't make out the last symbol...could be a P. nos 12159 and a 4 above symnbols, that is all I can make out. My grandmother gave it to me second hand over 82 years ago.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No, there isa no 5 on left side and says hard doldered, thats about it
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 11 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your sugar set.

If you can get photos to me of the items and the marks, I'll identify the maker for you and give you a value.

Many thanks,

Robert.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks, R.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I'll try

Many thanks!

I know how hard it is take good close-up pictures of marks, so I sympathize, however here are some tips I use to make it easier.

• Use the strongest possible angled light you can find (not flash).
  • Select the macro function (that's the little flower icon) on your camera.
  • Rest the camera and the item on the table (on a towel, say) so everything is stock steady as you take the photo
  • Slowly slide the item towards the lens until it's in focus, keeping both the camera and the item on the table as you click.
  • Take 100s and delete them as you go until you get a good one.
  • If you are using an iPhone, touch the screen where you want the image to be sharpest and it will automatically correct the focus and the lighting.

Hope this is helpful!

Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well, I took the pics and sent to myself but I don't see a paperclip icon on top

If you log on to JustAnswer.com and go to your question, it should bring up a screen that has a text box where you are typing to me. At the top of the text box there's a row of symbols and one of them should be a paperclip icon.

When you click on that it pulls up the picture files where you saved the emailed pictures you sent to yourself.

Hope this makes sense!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am trying to download pics to the computer. I am not vomoutdr savvy . Sorry

No problem! No rush this end, I'll be here whenever you are ready and your question stays open for as long as you wish it to.