Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a coffee service marked Winterling Roslau Bavaria

Customer Question

I have a coffee service marked Winterling Roslau Bavaria that I have not been able to find anywhere and I've looked through hundreds of patterns. It's a yellow stemmed rose bus. I've seen red stemmed rose buds, but not yellow.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of. It came from my German grandmother who acquired the set I the late 50s
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 9 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page
ffshttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't have a paper clip icon
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This doesn't seem to be working right for me. But I'll try sending anyway!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Wayne did you get this? The save changes does not work for me. Please respond.
Expert:  Wayne replied 9 months ago.

I can't find a match. I will open this question for others to help.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Please send an image of the maker mark on the underside at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Nora, hope you get this.
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the image. May I please know the specific information you are seeking on this set?

~Nora

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm looking for the pattern name. I have looked through the Winterling Roslau Bavaria websites until my eyes were bleary and have not been able to find it. There is a similar pattern with a red rosebud, but the cups are very different.
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Sometimes there are not specific pattern names and just number codes. Patterns can also be based on the mold shape of the pieces. I suggest using the pattern identification service at replacements.com; here is the link for you, http://patternid.replacements.com/

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora