Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Looking for some possible info on this stained glass

Customer Question

Good Afternoon!
Looking for some possible info on this stained glass window...it is approx 8' tall and 5' wide i'd guess...the middle circle piece has been replaced by a proffessional, I don't know what was originally there. Looking for possible age, origin and price?
Thank you!!
Amy
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Trying to upload more pictures, but having a hard time...
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Is this marked?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have not looked for a mark and I am not sure where to even look?

Hello

Without it being marked there is no way to know who made this or where it was made. It does appear to be from the early part of the 20thC around 1920 or so. It can be valued but the other information is not possible without some way of identifying who made it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where would I typically find a marking? I wasn't sure if based on style I would be able to find any more information on it....the woman at the stained glass company thatbdid the repair was in her 80's and she said it was much older than her
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What would the value be without a marking?

The Circle at the top is open right?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That was the piece that was missing but a professional stained glass person put in new piece
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know if it is a new old piece or not... the woman was 80 or so and her father had been doing stained glass his whole life...

Hi
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
The Antique Stain Glass Window 8 x 5, in this good of a condition, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $3***-**-****.00 if not more depending who might bid on it. Also depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.