Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a pretty full set off dishes that I am looking to

Customer Question

I have a pretty full set off dishes that I am looking to find a general appraisal on.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: They back of the platter I am looking at says Myott, Sons & C England / Bermuda / made in England The print is a black and white floral I guess
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: flowers are yellow and red painted it looks like and some of the leaves green. not sure ow else to desribe them
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Please tell me how many pieces of each?
Can you post a photo of a plate?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page
ffshttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not sure how many plates I have, but I will go through them tonight. I have plates, salad bowl with utensils, platter, tea pot, tea cups, etc. I am attaching of the picture of the platter because it is all I have unboxed at the moment.
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.

Your set was made circa 1930, the pattern is "Bermuda". Get me a count and I will be able to give you a value.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Below is a list of what I have in the Bermuda pattern. I am also attaching two pictures of a set of 12 plates I found while sifting through these. Picture is front and back of the plate. Thank you in advance.7 dinner plates
8 bread plates
8 sauce dishes (?) small dipping dishes for a different description I guess
8 salad bowls
1 serving dish (bowl)
6 tea cups
8 saucers
tea pot
creamer
sugar dish
lg salad bowl with 2 salad serving utensils
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.

According to the description, your set would sell for $200-300 at Auction and in a private sale, Insurance Replacement is $500.

Thanks,

Please click on the Stars*****When you read this answer