Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have just purchased an old hand driven sewing machine.

Customer Question

Hi, I have just purchased an old hand driven sewing machine. It's labelled as a Kondor and also has a metal medallion attached with the name A. Hekkers and I'm guessing the town of Appledorn. Just wondering about the history of it and hoping you can help. Thanks Jan
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It has the torpedo ( think that's what they're called) type bobbins. Still sews beautifully and has, I think 10.H on the base of the body. I can attach a pic if that's possible.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, Sorry for the delay in replying. I've attached two pics, one of the machine and one of the cover. Hopefully that will help.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Please send images of the Kondor label on this and the medallion.

~Nora