Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Glenda" My mother placed a plastic doilly on the top of an

Customer Question

quot;Glenda" My mother placed a plastic doilly on the top of an Ethan Allen dresser.It has sat there
for 25 years and left a residue in the shape of the doilly.What do you suggest to safely remove this from the finish;would dawn dish detergent hurt the finish? Also there is a small area of mold
with a bit of mildew on the lower side and 1 leg. Is there a cleaner to safely use on wood to remove it? Would dilute Borax solution work.Please advise me from your expertise what cleaners to use on this highgrade furniture to not damage it! Thanks! Scot
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello Scot,

I only use Murphy's Oil Soap on my wood furniture when I want to really clean it., It will take old residue off things. You then wipe with clean damp cloth, let it dry completely before polishing it. Once you get things all cleaned, let dry then you can use a good quality furniture polish on this.

.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.
.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda