Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your interesting gold ring.
Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and a clear image of the marks.
PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.
You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.
If you get stuck go here for help.
Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.
Also, . I know how hard it is take good close-up pictures of marks, so I sympathize, however here are some tips I use to make it easier.
- Use the strongest possible angled light you can find (not flash).
- Select the macro function (that's the little flower icon) on your camera.
- Rest the camera and the item on the table (on a towel, say) so everything is stock steady as you take the photo.
- Slowly slide the item towards the lens until it's in focus, keeping both the camera and the item on the table as you click.
- Take 100s and delete them as you go until you get a good one.
- If you are using an iPhone, touch the screen where you want the image to be sharpest and it will automatically correct the focus and the lighting.
Hope this is helpful!