Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a 1871 silver dollar I found would like to know its

Customer Question

I have a 1871 silver dollar I found would like to know its value
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: it says one dol. and united states of America on it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: its got 13 stars on it says 1871
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 8 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of both sides of the coin.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I will proceed without photos.

An 1871 silver dollar is called a Seated Liberty dollar. This version of the coin

was made from 1866 to 1873. In 1871, there were just over $1million of these

minted with no mint mark. This coin contains .7743 troy ounces of 90% silver.

The coin in good condition has a current value of $320.00.

If there is a mint mark on the back under the eagle's talons of CC (carson City, Nevada)

then the coin has a value of $3500. If there is NO mint mark on the back and the coin is in worn, poor condition, it is worth $150 to $200.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.