LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I wanted to know the value of this painting and artist. Can

Customer Question

I wanted to know the value of this painting and artist. Can you help?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please post the measurements of the painting and a clear close up of the signature on the painting. This will help in giving you an accurate value and information on the painting. Thank you Tanya

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
W do not have the measurements yet.

thank you for the photos I will begin on the signature and look forward to the measurements.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
17x15
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I sent measurements as well. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for the measurements I still looking for the artist as it is not one well known in the artist books I will post back as soon as I am finished with the evaluation. Thank you for your help in measurements and close ups. I appreciate this.

I have been unable to place the artist it is r m powers or m powers. I do know it is 1700-1800 and the frame looks to be the original frame from the period.. Here is the link that tells more about this period of time in art. http://www.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=3753923

The value on a framed painting of this size and subject is 1800-2500.00 It is in excellent condition for the age and it appears to have been well cared for. I have tried every artist research guide I have available and can not find the artist listed. It is an exquisite painting.

Thank you for sharing this.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you know of any artists with those initials and last name?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just talked to an appraiser today and they said it was a reproduction.