Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I believe i may have found an original Serge Poliakoff

Customer Question
painting from the year he...
I believe i may have found an original Serge Poliakoff painting from the year he passed away 1969. I have found it to be Composition muliticolore a dominante bleaue. Ive attached 2 photos. Anything you can tell me about the value of this painting would be much appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I say I believe it to be original because it is not under glass and I can feel brush strokes.
10/28/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Can you send me at least one photo of the back?

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Please tell me the size, not including the frame. Please do not remove from the frame.

Please tell me the medium - oils, watercolors? Is it on canvas or board?

Where did you locate a name for this piece?

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is one photo of the back. I can get exact measurements tomorrow but its about 44"x35" that is an estimate. It is quite large. As far as the medium its on canvas and Im not sure if its oil or not. Definitely not watercolor, there is some texture to it. I located the name by looking up the number I found on the back. Thank you very much.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its in an old building that was a lawfirm for over 30years in downtown Chicago. My husbands company has the permit to do demolotion and scrap everything that is there when he stumbled upon this and a few other paintings. They are currently at the jobsite. He will be bringing them home tomorrow.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on these are the only pics I have until then.

I need a close-up of the "brush strokes." Sometimes, prints on textured canvas can feel like brush strokes. A key clue is whether the "brush strokes" flow in the same direction as the color.

Let's wait until you can see tomorrow. I will be online tomorrow afternoon and evening - Central USA time. It is a few minutes before 8PM here for reference.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wonderful, I'll take a close up tomorrow evening and post then. Thanks so much. Much appreciated :)

You are welcome. 'Til tomorrow.

;D

Are you having trouble with photos?

If so, then -

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:

Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to***@******.***

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with

Just Answer, so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer

techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur