LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a very old painting with the signed name on it V

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a very old painting with the signed name on it V Dijck on it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: its a dutch landscape painting of an opening bridge
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here are 2 pictures of the painting, it belonged to my parents I don't know how long they had it or how they came by it. They brought it with them from Holland in 1957. I am 68 so its definatly a lot older than me.Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.
Regards Fred
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
PS it said on the last email you were unable to complete the transaction of my payment, I just checked my PayPal account and $53.00 has gone through to your account.Cheers Fred

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Oh I forgot to add there are no markings on the back of the painting that I can tell.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you tell me the measurements of this painting please? It is a nice countryside oi painting done about 1890-1910 I believe. I am researching the artist signature now as it is hard to decipher.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Tanya the size is 910 mm x 520 mm or 36 inches x 20.5 inches approx without taking it out of the frame.
The signature looks to me like V Dijck .Thanks Tanya

Hello, thank you for the measurements. I have not found a biography on the artist however I have seven other paintings that hold the same artist signature V Dijck. This is a Dutch artist and he died in 1932 in Holland. The painting itself is done very well and of the countryside. It is an oil painting and has a value of(###) ###-####00 depending on how you were to sell it. Online vs locally. Online would give you a wider audience and local ads limits your buyers to local fine art collectors. If you are looking to insure the painting for yourself insurance value is 1500.00

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Tanya, I did think it may have been worth a lot more because of the detail age and condition.
Can I have the details and full name of the artist please. Thank you *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Tanya, It has now been ten days since my question and my paid time is ticking away, can you answer my question?
Kind Regards Fred

Hello, I am sorry I did not see this reply and will gather my notes and post back here promptly. Forgive me for this oversight.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Tanya

Hello, I have gone over my notes to this question. The artist was Van Dijck. Died in 1932 and came from the Van Dyck family. The whole family is famous for their artistic ability and. There are several ways to spell the family name and this artist I was unable to find his first name however found seven of his works in art magazines from 1950-1970s selling for 600-900.00 some larger and most smaller then the one you have. I never found when he was born however his death was listed as 1932 in Holland. After enlarging your painting and going over the subject, condition and framing I valued it at a selling price of(###) ###-####00 This was all the information I was able to find on this painting. I would say to email the photos to Heritage Auction House and have them go over the piece to see if they can give you a more accurate artist name and value. They give you a free auction evaluation and you are under no obligation commit to an auction.

https://www.ha.com/c/acquisitions.zx?target=auctionevaluation&ic=Tab-Service-FreeAuctionEvaluation-121913

I appreciate your reply and wish I could have found more on this piece then what I did. Thank you and if I can help further just let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Tanya, thank you for your response. I have to say for you to tell me he came from the Van Dyck family, this answer is both humorous and obvious although his name is ***** ***** Dijck.It does not add up when you tell me you know the artist died in 1932 and yet you can't tell me his full name, not only that, if you can find out when somebody died it will always give the name and the birth date. Mind you I would think in order to find out when a person has died you would first need to know their full name.
Please do more research so you can give me a more genuine answer to back up what you have told me so far.
Thank You in advance
Kind Regards Fred

Hi Fred, thank you for the opportunity to redo this question. I found the art news magazine and went back through it doesn't give the full name or the birth-date. I have been researching this painting this evening and will have a full evaluation for you tomorrow. I went by the article that held similar pieces and current values however after researching much deeper I am finding that this painting is older and I am happy to be able to give you a much better evaluation. thank you for the opportunity and I apologize for trying to answer faster rather then more in depth.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Tanya I look forward to hearing from you

have a good night and I look forward to doing this completely for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Tanya, how is it coming along? and have a great day.Fred
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi TanyaI guess you are still researching the history for my answer and I look forward to hearing something soon.Have a great dayFred
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 9 months ago.

Hi Fred, yes I am almost done and will be posting as soon as I am completed. It should be tomorrow or Saturday I will post back promptly Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Tanya, I guess I will not hear anything from you this year now seeing I have not heard anything for 20 days now. So have a great Christmas and hope to hear from you soon.
Fred
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Happy New Year Tanya, re your message on the 2nd of December I was going to hear from you on the 3rd or 4th of December 2016. Do you have any answers for me?Kind Regards Fred
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Tanya,
Please let me know if it is true that you were almost done with the research 2/12/2016 and you had my answer ready to send to me on the 3rd of December 2016. I have been patiently waiting for 43 days to get the answer.
If you don't respond to this now, I guess I won't hear from you again.
Fred