Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a WW2 sword that I got from my dad he got it when he

Customer Question

I have a WW2 sword that I got from my dad he got it when he was in the war just wondering what it might be worth. I know you have to see it but maybe just an idea
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: There is a pistol and field glasses that was with it
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 8 months ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

A photo would be helpful, but if you can read the maker's marking on the blade at the top of the handle as well as the measurements, it would be extremely helpful in the evaluation process.

Does the sword still have the sheath? Are there any damages? Any pitting, rusting etc?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Frank