Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Is there anyone around Sedalia,Missouri capable of restoring

Customer Question

Is there anyone around Sedalia,Missouri capable of restoring old documents? I have
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: a hundred year old C'CONFIRMATION CERTIFICATE that has been rolled up for quite some time that I would like in-rolled and restored if possible?
JA: Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is on a heavy type paper and probably about 10 x 16 inches in size and dates back to the VERY early 1900's.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It was issued to my now deceased Mother who would currently be about 113 yrs. old.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Great House Antiques replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!

Fortunately, you are located within good proximity to some great resources for your need. Kansas City is a nearby area in which someone with the skill and reputation you might require can be found. Below, I have included a list of three good contacts. The first might provide a wider scope of who might be known for doing such work in the area. They will not likely be able to "recommend" someone, but instead offer a suggestion, again, of who might be known for doing this sort of highly specialized work. They have a world class conservation department and anything they might suggest would be considered sound. The other two, respectively, are a specialist in paper works who was on the conservation staff at Nelson-Atkins before starting his own service and a very well respected fine art conservator.

Here is the list:

1) Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art(###) ###-####/strong>

Conservation & Collections Management
Kate Garland
Senior Conservator, Objects Conservation

Scoff Heffley
Senior Conservator, Paintings Conservation

Mary Schafer
Conservator, Paintings Conservation & Manager, Mellon Conservation Science Endowment

Jill Kohler
Head, Registration

2) Mark Stevenson(###) ###-####/strong>

3) Van Witt Fine Art Conservation(###) ###-####/strong>

Again, these resources would be considered the best in your area and should certainly connect/ provide you with the service(s) you seek.

Thank you so much for writing in and the best of luck with your important document!

(Hoping it has provided assistance - if you require no further help - please rate my answer. This is an important step in that it is your way of letting me know you have been well-served [by my answer only]. Please note, though, that it does not/ cannot address any other aspects of your experience with JA; unfortunately, these are not in my control. Rating is also the way in which JA is prompted to extend credit for my service. So, your best rating is most appreciated! *Please let me know if I may be of further assistance* : )

Thank you, again.

GHA