Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I need help. I would like to know about 24k gold plated

Customer Question
hello yes...
hello yes i need help
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: okay i would like to know about 24k gold plated coffee/tea service set 48047 its for my mom how much it cost ?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: you still don't know how much it cost right i hope it would be good price
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: i need to know when i receive it if I'm not satisfied it will it accept when i return it
JA: You can discuss that with the Antiques Appraiser or ask for a different Antiques Appraiser.
Customer: how can i discuss other
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: its my first time with antiques appraiser
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
10/19/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send me a photo of the marks on the bottom.

Please send also a photo of the service.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

How many pieces are in the service?

What are those pieces?

Kind regards,
Doris

Do you need some help?

Kind regards,

Doris

Photos are important to give accurate answers.

We often cannot search by pattern numbers without the name of the maker. We search by name of maker which is usually found in the marks.

If you cannot send photos the fast way I previously described, then try the email method. It is much slower but I will eventually et them.

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:

Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to *****@******.***

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.

In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with

Just Answer, so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer

techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur