Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a very old chandelier that was shipped to Canada by

Customer Question
ship. It is still in...
I have a very old chandelier that was shipped to Canada by ship. It is still in the original shipping crates.(2)
I am wondering if we can remove it from the crate and how to handle it if so.
Is there a reputable appraiser in the Edmonton area ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
10/12/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Hello

Are you wanting a list of appraisers in your area?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That and advice as in my previous questions
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was from Scotland approx from the 1800's I was told.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also a number idea of value based on the info ?

Hello

The appraiser will advice what they would want you to do as for unpacking it. Also I cannot give a value based on something I cannot see.

If you want an appraiser to come to look at this then I need to know where you are so I can get a list together for you.

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh sorry, I am just outside of Edmonton Alberta Canada
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also don't see my last message.
I am trying to upload a pic but the site is not letting me .
I have seen a partial view of the main frame and it looks like either glass or crystal.
I also have a pic of the crystal's
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As a appraiser what handling advise would you give to the unpacking of the chandelier ?

Hello

I have never unpacked a chandelier, so I cannot advice you on what to do in that respect.

If it were mine I would unpack carefully and hang it some where safe.

Are you wanting a list of appraisers to call?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there someone else on this site who does have experience with a chandelier ?
With it being so old I really don't want to damage it in any way.
What I do want is advise on how to properly unpack it
As well as a referral that would be in my area..

Hello

I am very experienced with chandeliers, I have purchased them and sold them for over 45 years, many coming from Europe that had to be unpacked. If you are afraid to unpack this then you need the local appraiser to look at this packed up, then they can advice you on how to unpack and the also can value it for you.

All of us are experienced with Chandeliers, but no one can value this without seeing it.

I can get you a list of appraisers in your area to contact?

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am very confused !! In your earlier message you said you never unpacked a chandelier.
Now you are saying you have been doing this for 45 years including unpacking of them .
I've given my area to you twice. So you could refer me to someone that can help me.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also messaged saying your site wasn't letting me add a pic file so you can see it

Hello

I am saying that I cannot advice you how to unpack an item you have, since I cannot see this item. I cannot tell you how you should unpack an item.

I do not know where you are messaging me, if you are answering an email that does not reach us. Appraisers are not employees of the site we do not work there. We only communicate with the customer in this message box.

If you can unpack your chandelier get it all put together and send pictures of it , then it can be valued online, a current market value can be given.

Here is how you can send images of the complete chandelier where it can be seen as a complete hanging light.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur