Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Mihaly Munkacsy oil painting of Christ before

Customer Question

I have a Mihaly Munkacsy oil painting of Christ before pilate. I would like to know how much it is worth. The picture was in a Museum in Budapest
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the pictures i sent you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my pictures
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I got one of the label on the back and one of a nurse registration form, I think you may have chosen the wrong photo.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Does it look like this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No its just tje picture of christ
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Like this then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is one of the studies he did for the painting that I first showed you.

I will add a picture of the piece in the museum in Budapest so you can see how large it is (has since been sent to Canada).

The study and the painting have both been sold as smaller reproduction on canvas and paper

for many years now. The piece you have is a print or reproduction onto canvas or board

as the original (there can only be one original of a piece of art) is owned by the Art Gallery of Hamilton, Canada currently.

This piece is valued at $75 to $100 as a print or giclee on canvas.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.