Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I inherited a Dueber pocket watch. It has a hunting style

Customer Question

I inherited a Dueber pocket watch. It has a hunting style case. The engravings on the movement are "Dueber Grand", 17 jewels, Canton, Ohio, safety pin, Adjusted, and the number(###) ###-#### The case is beautifully engraved and gold in color and the markings on the case are "Dueber Special" with an anchor and the numbers(###) ###-#### The face is white with a logo that I don't recognize, and the words Canton Ohio. It is still in working order. I researched the serial number and it looks like it may have been made in 1900. Can you help me with any information on how old it is or what it may be made of?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 9 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the watch, dial, inner case and the movement.
The serial number on a watch is on the movement (guts) and not on the case.