Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to know of the value of this book if any
10/9/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

What is the condition of your book on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being perfect.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
About a 4 maybe i don't really know you can read well the pages but looks old and the end pages with the publisher
Burns & Oates have brown marks

Thank you for the information.

My research indicates that your 19thC book as described would have an estimated retail value of $90-115 depending on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

You are most welcome.

I am only credited by JA for my work on this question if you rate my answer positively, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,
Doris

Doris
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser