Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a bycentennal Eisenhower dollar Authenticated brill

Customer Question

I have a bycentennal Eisenhower dollar Authenticated brill Uncirculated ,no mint, type 2, i thought that their wass only one of thies around?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: i have confirmed the type 2 yet the crack in the bell goes as high as the type 1?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: on the reverse above "states" the pitchures show a mark above "TA" in the outer ring. I have a very compeling match to this mark.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 11 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of both sides of the coin.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have confermed that typy 2 hase flare not block style

I do not offer the phone service. With coins, it is important to SEE them, so do add the photos.

Let me know if you have trouble doing that if the Add Files feature is not working for you.

I am sorry, your spelling was off but maybe you have a dollar bill and not a coin?

Either way, still add pictures of both sides.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have looked at pictures that show my "coin" and tried to view any sight that might show this coin

Can you add photos of your piece here?

I have three options and you can choose whichever is easiest for you -

1) I'll give you these instructions for adding them here.

The feature works best if you add one pic, hit send, then do the next.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

2) If the Add Files feature on your screen still does not work for you,
you can go here and use the green NEW POST button then paste the address
back here in the text box and I'll be able to see all of your items.

3) If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Having trouble with pic, am working on it.

No hurry, I will get an email when there are photos.

Take your time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, Don

Photos of coins work best if lit with strong light from one side only. This helps raise details

in the final photo. Just a tip.

While this is a Bicentennial Silver dollar, also called an Ike, this coin was packaged by someone to look official. If it is not in an NGC, PCGS or ANACS holder, people will not accept this as a graded coin. My guess is that the people who encapsulated your coin used their own code to ID the coin. The holder is not graded/labeled Type I or Type II reverse and does not have a grade, MS 65 for example.

I researched the certification number and found this;
Certification Number: BA17-00040-029 and BA17-00040-007, Mint Location: Philadelphia. Year: 1976. Value $10 to $15.00.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Bradford Exchange is my origin of purchase.

Yes, the Bradford Exchange coins are not graded and are therefore not recognized

by serious collectors. This does not mean it is not an authentic coin, just that is

not a rare graded coin. This coin has a current value of $10 to $15 retail.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
State reason denoting incorrect data considering the pics that were presented.
Does it not contain, block letters, lack of mint mark, extended crack in the bell?Confused.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok it is not graded. The B.Ex. did not grade, does that mean the marks, not bold ltr, no mint mark, this is a fraud?

No, it means that this is just a bicentennial Eisenhower dollar

with no mint mark. There are no rare features on this coin

that would make it worth more than $15.00.