Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a copy of the Beggar Boy copied in oil after the

Customer Question

I have a copy of the Beggar Boy copied in oil after the original done in the 1600s. My copy was painted in the late 1890s. it's a copy from Murillo. I understand the original might be in the Leuve
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. You are correct it hangs in the Louvre.

the link below tells about the original painting and artist:

https://mydailyartdisplay.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/the-beggar-boy-by-bartolome-esteban-murillo/

Artist: Bartolomé Esteban Murillo

Dimensions: 4′ 5″ x 3′ 7″

Location: The Louvre

Created: 1645–1650

Media: Oil on canvas

Period: Baroque

Do you have a photo of your painting and clear close up of the artist signature? Also what are the measurements? I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The size is similar. The artist is unknown but states after Murillo I think is says 1890.I did have a picture attached to the first submission attached to the question.Not sure where the pic went to.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
here are 2 pic of the signature. It says "D'APRES Murillo Paris 10" Not sure about the date
I think it means it was painted after Murillo's work, a copy of his.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I really didn't get what I was asking for. The information you gave me I already have through the internet. But I'd like to know is who might have copy that painting in the late eighteen hundreds and what it might be worth