Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a print that was found behind a picture my

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a print that was found behind a picture my Grandmother had at her house as long as I can remember.....The print says the following on the back, Auguste Renoir 1841 - 1919 Fillette A La Gerbe Musee De Sao Paulo No. 39154 Les Editions Braun Et Cie, Paris E.S Herrmann New York B Soho Gallery, Londres I don't this it's anything important other than it being just that a Print, just thought I'd ask....Thanks. Maureen
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of, it's on heavy tan colored paper, nothing else really
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 9 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The copy I have is a print, not a painting, a copy......I'm sorry if I'm using the wrong wording to describe this picture. I will take a photo and send a front and back picture to you, give me a few moments.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to pay an additional $34.00 to the $38.00 I agreed to prior to you coming online?

There is no charge to add photos, no.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
HiCustomer
I paid $38.00 prior to your coming on line with me yesterday as requested from this site to receive expert advice, once you were online you requested an additional $34.00, I sent the photo you requested and now I see in my email inbox your stating I have not read your replies, I have, I've done what you asked, all except paying an additional $34.00 you requested, I'm not sure what else to do?

I am not sure what you are seeing on your end. I have asked for photos of the piece and they have not been added here, that is what I see

on my end. I have not written to you other than asking for the pictures. Let me know how sent them and I can help with any problems you might have in doing that again.

The experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges,
fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form, so this is where I am unable to help.

For such queries, use this link for assistance: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your message, did you receive the picture I uploaded yesterday?

No, there are no pictures.

I have three options and you can choose whichever is easiest for you -

1) I'll give you these instructions for adding them here, just in case you'd like to try again.

The feature works best if you add one pic, hit send, then do the next.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

2) If the Add Files feature on your screen still does not work for you,
you can go here and use the green NEW POST button then paste the address
back here in the text box and I'll be able to see all of your items.

3) If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay let me try this again, let me know if you get the pictures this time, thanks.

Perfect, great job!

Give me some time to research. No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

This is a circa 1950 print of the PIERRE AUGUSTE RENOIR (1841-1919) famous painting La Fillette a la Gerbe (Little Girl with Sheaf) painted in 1888. She has a her sheaf of wheat on her lap. This is one of Renoir's more popular paintings and it has been reproduced many times by several different publishers over the years and is still being printed at the present time.

This one was published by Braunn and Co and sold in the US by ES Hermann of New York.

The value of the print is $30 to $40 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.