Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an Brandt small secretaries desk. I would like to

Customer Question

I have an Brandt small secretaries desk. I would like to find more about it and the possible value. It is 33" high, 25" wide and 15" deep (closed). When you pull out the drawer the roll top opens. exposing 3 drawers and two ink wells, and then it is approximately 24" deep the open desk( writing surface) top is hinged and exposes two leather writing pads with a wood frame around each . There is a Brandt tag on the inside of the drawer. And the wood is marked as cherry.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I know Brandt operated from 1905 to 1985 and is being operated by now buy another party, possibly former employees. But I have been told they will not assist in any Identification.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 9 months ago.

Hi Harold,
My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of the desk and the tag?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Go to XXXXXXXXX and I can send you pics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have already paid $76 and had 3 people all trying to get me an answer and you want more. This site is a joke. There is to much garbage on the site, that makes it confusing. I am going to someone local. Send me my refund.