Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

10/2/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Hello

Thank you for the pictures that helps a lot.

.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
The Singer Machine in original Oak Cabinet, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $400.00-450.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.
.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser