Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a hand painted dessert sevice, it came from my mother

Customer Question

I have a hand painted dessert sevice, it came from my mother in the UK. It has a hall mark that has never been found even the customs in the uk gave up and just sent it, how can I send you a photo of it to see if you can tell me?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I dont know I have pictures
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.
Answering an email or sending a text will not get pictures to me.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images ! There may be : Just "add files" box at the bottom then " send box"

.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having a prob with sending the pictures, they are on my picassa
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am sorry I am unable to do a live phone call, I can value this as soon as I see the pictures.

Can you give me a link to picassa? Make sure your picassa is public.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think this is getting too difficult, this has been a family mystery for a long time I think I'll let it wait a bit longer..thanks for being patient with me..
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

If you have the picture on your computer you can use that and upload it to this message area using the attach file button or the paper clip.

If that does not work or you just want to let this go, then you need to contact customer service to cancel this so as not to be charged anything.

.

Just to let you know the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site we do not work for them. We come to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We have nothing to do with the customers accounts or business dealings with Just Answer. We are not privy to any information regarding the customers account. We are just a user of the site like the customer is. We have been verified to come to the site to answer questions, that is all we do.

If you have a problem with the account you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. Or call them at 1(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.

.

Let me know if you still need help with this question.

.

I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.

.

I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.

.

Thank you so much!

Glenda