Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Looking for the value of a 18k Waltham ladies pocket watch.

Customer Question

Looking for the value of a 18k Waltham ladies pocket watch. It is engraved and dated 2.4.97. I have validated online that the serial number dates to the batch that was manufactured starting February 1, 1897.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the watch, dial, inner case and the movement.
The serial number on a watch is on the movement (guts) and not on the case.

If you are not able to add photos, then I need to know if the watch is an open face or a hunter case (a gold cover over the dial)

size of the watch and the serial number written on the movement. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
see attached, hunter care, size 0.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is an 1897 Waltham 18k gold hunter case size 0

15-jewel pendant watch with a grade 65, model 1891 movement.

The value of this watch is $1200 to $1500 retail.
Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.