Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. of New York #35 Niblic

Customer Question

I have an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. of New York #35 Niblic hickory golf club with the following distinguishing marks; "Burke Stainless" and the AF&C logo. Can you tell me anyhting about the club.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I'd like to know an approximate value.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me to research the club and post back here promptly.

Thank you for your patience. This has been interesting.

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. of New York #35 Niblic hickory golf club with the following distinguishing marks; "Burke Stainless" and the AF&C logo---- Abercrombie & Fitch did not make their own clubs! They were made for them by companies like Kroydon and Scottish club makers and had the A&F name imprinted on them.

David Abercrombie founded A&F in 1892 as an upscale sporting goods store. Forming a partnership with Ezra Fitch, the company continued to expand in the new 20th century. After Abercrombie left the company, Fitch became sole owner and ushered in the "Fitch Years" of continued success. After his retirement, the company continued under a succession of other leaders until its financial fall and closing in 1977. Limited Brands purchased the ailing brand in 1988 and brought in Mike Jeffries, who revolutionized the image of Abercrombie & Fitch to become an upscale youthful fashion retailer.

I was able to find the golf clubs were made and sold during the time frame of 1890-1930s. The value on the club you have #35 Niblick Hickory with Burke Stainless is 110.00 in mint condition and this was found in the Golf Guide Book. Very little can be found online for the these clubs.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

I wanted t check in and see if I may be of further help. If you have additional questions on this please let me know.