Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an EN Welch wall clock that I am trying to price.....

Customer Question

I have an EN Welch wall clock that I am trying to price..... I can't find it after searching hundreds of wall clocks from that manufacturer. HELP
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

May I know the approximate size of this and how is the working condition?

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Though parts have been separated they all seem to be accounted for and the mechanism does its thing. But I didn't want to handle it too much or break it so I haven't put it together.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
size...approx 3 feet
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The dark pink you see in the picture is the handle of a small party gift bag and the clock is sitting on a oversized living room chair
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information. It would not be unusual to not find an exact match to your clock on the internet. Although the internet is a vast repository of information it is not the holder of all information. Your late 19th century E.N. Welch wall clock from Connecticut is done with a Dutch parquetry and burl veneer design. In current condition, it could carry a $300 - $400 estimate and can sell for as high as $700 - $900. If in restored condition it has the potential to reach $2000 - $3000.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Where would you suggest I look to sell it and/or restore it
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Though it may sound cliche, the best platform for you to sell these is on Ebay. It is where the most potential buyers would first go to search for such items. For restoration, you will want to contact local clock repair shops in your area and first get an idea of what each person would charge for the work and their reputation for quality repairs. Each business will charge a different amount, and you want to determine the cost effectiveness of putting more into this for restoration. My personal opinion is to leave objects as-is and to let the new owner choose how to handle restoration.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well I would afford a few hundred in restoration to gain a few thousand...any clock repair suggestions for the Los Angeles area
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Yes, JP Clock Shop: http://www.jpclocks.com/

JP Clocks Antique Repair, Inc.
7404 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, Ca 90046(###) ###-####/p>

~Nora