Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a 19th century painting and would like some

Customer Question

I have a 19th century painting and would like some information about it.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have pictures of the painting and it is also signed but I cannot make out the signiture
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The painting is a large water color in its original frame
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 11 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My cell phone number is(###) ###-#### My name is Evern

Evern,

This is a print (not an original) of a 1940-50 created painting titled Rehearsal by Illinois artist and illustrator

Fred***** *****ball Mizen (1888-1964). This is a known reproduced image, your piece likely printed/sold

in the 1960's based on the framing style and when his work was most popular.

Below is an example of some of his other known work sold as reproductions, even today.

http://www.ditlef.com/12Mizen.html

The piece you have is valued at $60 retail.
Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.