How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2191
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an antique ruffled edge (almost pleated edge) bowl -

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have an antique ruffled edge (almost pleated edge) bowl - opalescent blue with daisy's and .... I think it may be Nwoods opalescent glass or maybe a depression area knock off - any help locating infor would be greaatly appreciated
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: well I just inherited it from my 96 year old friend - along with some fostoria and czech crystal.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the bowl and any raised marks on the bottom.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I do not have a camera and there are no raised marks on the bottom
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Does it look like this?