Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a china set made by Rosenthal called 2000 this was

I have a china set made by Rosenthal called 2000 this was design by Raymond Lowery in 1960
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: the dishes changed name in the early 70's the set is translucent while with a gold rim
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I was told back in 1978 that the set was worth a lot because it was designed by Raymond Lowery who also designed the coke cola machine

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the pattern and the mark on the bottom.

Also let me know how many pieces are in your set.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi the set is for 12
I also have the coffee pot, tea pot, gravy bowl, serving bowls, salt and pepper shakers, and 2 serving plates one small and one large the dishes are the FORM 2000 on the picture

You have a service for 12 plus serving pieces and tea set in Rosenthal's

1950's pattern named Form 2000, also called Classic Modern, designed

by Raymond Loewy and Richard Latham in 1954. This set has a current

value of $2000 retail, which is high for vintage porcelain right now with most

other 1950's sets selling for $500 on average.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now, it is very important for me to get credit for answering.