ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

Cleaning out estate of i laws and found a lot of civil war

Customer Question

Cleaning out estate of i laws and found a lot of civil war letters etc. Several from General G. Dodge. Have slot of letters and postcards. Tks
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for typos. Doing this via phone��
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the question! The value of these Civil War archives depends on the significance of the individual and the specificity of the contents - do they refer to battles, other individuals, present new historical information? Generally, similar archives of letters/postcards from Civil War generals sell for $300 to $1,000 depending on the contents - I'd recommend contacting Heritage Auctions civil war department for a complimentary auction estimate as these types of archives are very specific.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!

Thank you! Kindly rate my professionalism so that the system may close the question.

Hi Following-up because while you said "Thank you" - that's not enough to rate the question so that I am credited for the question. If I can be of further help, let me know, otherwise please rate my professionalism.

Good morning! I'm seeing if you had further questions on this item or if I can be of further service. The only way that experts get credit for their answers is when you rate my professionalism. Kindly rate my service so that the question may be closed.