Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have two etchings by R.H. Palenske, unframed, i received

Customer Question
from my grandmother. I...
I have two etchings by R.H. Palenske, unframed, i received from my grandmother. I am 76. How can I find out if they are originals or copies, and their value. My husband just died and I need to liquidate everything to raise funds. Thank you.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: How do I do that and what is the cost involved?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Antiques Appraiser. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok. How.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: One is of Startled Mallards, signed. and the other is Whirlaway, signed.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
9/15/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the print,
signature and back of frame where there might be labels or writing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

I understand that you might not be able to send photos,

so I can assess without since I am familiar with this artist.

1) Reinhold H. Palenske (IL, 1884-1954), Original Etching,

Signed Lower Right, Whirlaway, Depicting the mid-century American

thoroughbred race horse, this piece has a value of $30 to $50.

2) Reinhold H. Palenske (IL, 1884-1954), Original Etching,
Signed Lower Left, Startled Mallards, this piece has a value of $50.00.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know. If we are done, I do need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit. I'd really appreciate five star feedback thanks!

Rarewares
Rarewares