Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a 24 piece Hummel spice jar set and rack in excellent

Customer Question
condition. Is it worth anything? JA...
I have a 24 piece Hummel spice jar set and rack in excellent condition. Is it worth anything?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It was made in 1987 jars made in Japan
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Bottom of the jar says ARS AG
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
9/11/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

On today's market, an ARS 24 spice jar set with rack that was made in Japan with the Hummel figure characters on them sells for $125 - $200. Here are links for you to comparables and their sale prices:

$124.95:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/mj-hummel-24-spice-jars-rack-24k-gold-1818053080

$129.99:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-goebel-hummel-spice-jars-wood-1797391965

$199.99:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1987-mj-hummel-24-spice-jars-wood-51203686

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Nora
Nora