Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a Japanese China set that has the mating on the

Customer Question

Hello I have a Japanese China set that has the mating on the bottom of sts japan hand painted. It is white with floral pattern and gold on the edges I have tried researching and what I found was a mark just like mine but it is blue and mine is green. My name is ***** ***** I was wondering if u can help me know what it is worth
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Sorry marking
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of a plate front and back?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry don't see a paper clip on this page Wayne
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am on my phone do I need to be on my computer
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here are the photos
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.

I can't find a match. I will open this question to others without additional charge.

Thanks,

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
.
I will be glad to help you today.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.

Your set was produced in the 1950's. There are several china companies that are marked to with the STS Mark, one of those being Kongo, which you can find several pieces on ebay for sale. If you can tell me what pieces you have I can value your set for you.

Glenda

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The set has 10 big plates, 1 large platter, 1 smaller platter, 1 gravy boat, 1 sugar boat, 1 creamer, 9 cups, 9 saucers, 12 dessert bowls, and 7 cake plates.

Thank you,
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
.
The STS China made in Japan, circa: 1950's has an estimated value on the current market for an average of

Dinner plates -$18.00-22.00 each, large platter-$75.00-100.00, smaller platter-$55.00-60.00, gravy boat-$50.00-55.00, sugar boat-$30.00-32.50, creamer-$25.00-28.00, cups-$11.00-12.50 each, saucers-$8.50-9.00 each, dessert bowls-$16.00-18.00 each, cake plates-$14.50-16.00 each. Prices are depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.
.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda