Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I would like to know the value of my Joseph Margulies water

Customer Question

I would like to know the value of my Joseph Margulies water color on canvas.
Mary Kay
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 10 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a few photos, may I have your email so that I can forward them to you? I have not been able to download them to add them to this site. Thank you for your assistance.
Mary Kay
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Oh, I may be able to send the photos after all, please let me know if these are sufficient for you to give me an estimate of the value of the painting.
Thank you
Mary Kay

Joseph Margulies (1896 - 1984)

Joseph Margulies was active/lived in New York. Joseph Margulies was known for portrait, sea and landscape paintings and etchings.

This is a hand-colored etching/aquatint and looks like it is from a series of paintings that he did of an area of Menton, France in the 1930's.

The signature with the word imp after means that this is an etching/print.The edges of the image being so crisp also prove it was printed form a printing/etching plate. This piece has a current value of $150.00 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.