Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a set of 10 plates of Louise and Napoleon that has a

Customer Question

I have a set of 10 plates of Marie Louise and Napoleon that has a 2 different stamps made in Austria. How can I find the value of these? Thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There was only the photo of the bottom that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the fronts as well.

This is a set of 10 portrait plates made by the Altrohlau Porcelain Factories also called Moritz Zdekauer (hence the MZ in the logo).

They had several marks, these help date the plates to 1884 to 1910 when this mark was used. Most collectors refer to

this as MZ Austria porcelain as a shortened term. These plates had a transfer design of Josephine and Napoleon and were not hand painted.

Each plate has a current value of $20.00 for a total of $200 for your whole set of 10.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.