Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I am not sure if the item I have is considered an Antique.

Customer Question

I am not sure if the item I have is considered an Antique. It is a book published in Santiago de Chile in 1970 signed by the author Pablo Neruda and the illustrator Mario Toral. The illustrations are magnificent and in and of themselves a work of art beyond the beautiful poems of Neruda. What is the best way to have it appraised?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I can help with a valuation of this book. What is the full title and who was the publisher.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20 poems de amor y una cancion desesperada published by editorial Lord Cochran 1970 Santiago de Chile
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information. There is just one image showing some damage to the cover. Does that damage go through the pages as well and did it effect the signature?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No absolutely no interior damage
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience.

This signed limited edition can retail for $3500 - $4500; yours with the condition issue to the cover would be in the $2000 range.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora