Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I was just looking for information for some items that I

Customer Question

Hi. I was just looking for information for some items that I found while cleaning out my grandfather's basement. I found a few things with different markings. The first looks like it was for tea of coffee possibly with markings of an eagle symbol then Wm the M is raised to the top of the W and then Rogers.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Serving tray with BSCEP NS 5216/18? Then Early American Pewter by WEB possibly for a cream and sugar set
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Serving tray with BSCEP N.S. 5216/18.
Last, another tray with International Silver Company: I.S.Co.
Thank you!
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
The Wm Rogers tea set was made in the early 1900's and is a silver plated, (not sterling) set, value of $150.

The serving tray marked BSCEP is electro plated nickel silver made by Barbour Silver Of Hartford Connecticut between 1892 to 1899.

This tray is also not sterling and has a value of $35.00.

The third tray is a silver plated tray made by International Silver made from 1898 to 1905 and has a value of $35.00.

If you have another item, just start a new question and put 'for rarewares only no other appraisers' in the beginning to get me again.
I specialize in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, jewelry and just about everything else.
You never know what you might have!

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!