How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2191
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an antique artifact that was given to me. I have no

Customer Question

I have an antique artifact that was given to me. I have no idea what it is . My girlfriend and her husband collected these items and I know the value was significant. She gave it to me to hold for her - she was going thru a divorce. I had lost track of them and finally found out that were killed in a car accident. How do I take a picture of the artifact so you can see it and know what I have?
Thank you,
***** *****
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Jon replied 11 months ago.


My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal.

At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on the link below for sharing photos:

I look forward to seeing the images.

Thank you,