Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

1 have a set of & barton 18th century sterling silver (6

Customer Question
1 have a set of...
1 have a set of reed & barton 18th century sterling silver (6 piece place setting) 12 sets that I received for a wedding gift. What is its current value?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
9/2/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send a clear photo of the pattern.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

"Sets" come in many different sizes.

Please tell me the following -

Your set serves 12.

How many pieces does each person have?

What serving pieces are there? These can add as much as 30% to the value of a set.
Kind regards,
Doris

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur